Friday 23 September 2011

It Begins... with breakfast!!

Finally...

Day 1: a cold Friday night, September 23rd...

Amid a flurry of tears and sad words, Keiti dropped Brian and I off at Perth airport (before returning home to do the dishes or wash clothes or whatever it is girls do... hahaha sorry girls)

Brian and I caught the red-eye special from Perth to Sydney... a flight I told Brian I would not fall asleep on so as to better adjust to LA time... famous last words as I woke up to the captain announcing that we were about to land in Sydney... I vaguely remember eating something beefy for dinner and the inflight movie 'Source Code' was still patiently waiting for me to push the play button on the screen. I'd better watch Brian for the rest of this trip as I think he must have slipped some 'roofies' in my apple juice!!

No Brian, I'm pretty sure we can't catch the bus to L.A.?? Or can we?

And so training for the Yosemite Assault 2011 has finally concluded and the assault... on the Sydney Qantas Club is now in full swing. Brian is currently sprawled out, snoring on a couch clearly meant for at least 6 people and I'm now freshly showered, shaved, shat and looking around for whatever free stuff is available!!

What a way to start the assault... With FREE breakfast at the Sydney Qantas Club

I'd like to say I had a great excuse for not blogging for the last 3 months such as coming down with a bad case of leprosy... but in the end, I think most of it can be blamed on a bad case of laziness!!

But, to be fair, I had a bad run of injuries throughout June and July and got really depressed by it all... on the bright side, I did get to finish my jigsaw puzzle!

Pwned!!!...Finally!
We did get quite a bit of training done through August though... night climbing, haulbag or 'pig' training, crack climbing, we even did a small presentation for the Climbing Association of WA (CAWA) on the 'difficulties' of transitioning from free climbing to big wall, all of which I'll have to fill you in bit by bit as the trip progresses... and yes, there are still a couple of climber profiles to be done... so much to do now thanks to my ineptness at being faithful to the blog!!!

Climbing with the STARS... almost as scary as Dancing with the STARS.
Haulbag training. We didn't have a 'pig' available so we had to use the next best option... a real pig!!! hahaha
Alright, need to sign off. Brian is up and about now and is bugging me to help him with some things we need to do once we get to LA... Remi and Scotty just emailed us the 'Mother of all shopping lists' from Yosemite... thanks guys... you suck... and you're leading all the hard pitches... and you suck!!

But before going, very belated thank you's to those who wrote comments last time!

Scotty: You can be guaranteed there will be 'DATES' in your trail mix!!!
Kelly: Don't forget to dig out that tree... Stay on the edge, more edgy stuff coming your way!!!
Heather: Yeah, it's getting exciting, and scary, and exciting again! Stay tuned... Got to put all this expensive hardware to good use now!!
Maria: Thanks for the good wished Maria... we're gonna need it!!!
Christine: That's just the start...There'll be more 'Best of' awards coming up before the end of the trip.

It's great to feel the urge to write again!! Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment